Experience the Joy of Giving!
We have various aspects of social outreach on offer during the WSAVA congress was held in Cape town in September 2014
- Volunteers will help with hands on clinics involved mainly with rabies vaccination campaign reaching out into the townships of Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban.
- There will also be some basic diagnostics and treatments as well as the possibility of sterilization clinics. This work will be done in conjunction with animal welfare institutions.
- Visiting neighbouring countries with volunteer lecturers / vets to help teach vets more skills. This may include distance webinars too. This would include the likes of Mozambique, Namibia, Lesotho, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Tanzania and Kenya.
- The third aspect is to reach out to our African neighbours with incentives to attend the conference.
- Another aspect of our outreach includes wildlife. We have aligned ourselves with the plight of our rhinos. A pre-congress day will give small-animal practitioners from all over the world some insight into Southern Africa’s spectacular wildlife heritage and highlight the leading role that South African veterinarians have played over many years in the field of wildlife medicine.
- Finally, educating local animal health inspectors by means of a pre-congress stream.